Hobsonville Point Residents Society was gifted Chichester Cottage by Kainga Ora to use as a community venue. When hiring the venue please treat our 90-year-old cottage with respect and leave it the way you found it.
Chichester Cottage is open to book between 6am – 10pm daily.
The cost to hire the cottage is $25 per hour.
If you are a community service or group, or a not for profit business, please contact us to discuss a concession.
When booking, consider 30 minutes for pack in and pack out times as this should be included within your booking period.
It was such a fabulous venue and everyone loved it. [Guests] were also really interested in the history of the cottage and Mill House which is so important.
Kirsten (baby shower)
“The cottage was perfect for our meeting”
To prevent any community spread of Covid-19, we urge you to follow these rules:
- As the hirer, you must keep an attendance record (including full name + a contact phone number) to ensure you know who is participating in case there is an instance of COVID-19 in your group. This will help the Ministry of Health track down any participants that may have come into contact with that person and will save you a lot of stress if it does happen.
- Encourage no one to attend your event who is feeling unwell or displaying any potential symptoms. This includes you as the organiser.
- Please tell people attending your event to use safe hygiene practices before and after handling food, after going to the toilet or blowing nose etc.
- When you clean up, please be extra careful to clean tables, benches, door handles and the like.
- Be assured the Cottage’s professional cleaners are paying careful attention to hygiene and as users of a public building it’s important for us all to be vigilant.
- The tea towels we leave in the kitchen drawers have been freshly laundered but for peace of mind you may wish to bring your own washing-up supplies/cloths.