Hobsonville Point Residents Society was gifted Chichester Cottage by Kainga Ora to use as a community venue. When hiring the venue please treat our 90-year-old cottage with respect and leave it the way you found it.
Chichester Cottage is open to book between 6am – 10pm daily.
The cost to hire the cottage is $25 per hour.
If you are a community service or group, or a not for profit business, please contact us to discuss a concession.
When booking consider 30 minutes for pack in and pack out times as this should be included within your booking period.
To prevent any community spread of Covid-19, we urge you to follow these rules:
- As the hirer, you must keep an attendance record (including full name + a contact phone number) to ensure you know who is participating in case there is an instance of COVID-19 in your group. This will help the Ministry of Health track down any participants that may have come into contact with that person and will save you a lot of stress if it does happen.
- Encourage no one to attend your event who is feeling unwell or displaying any potential symptoms. This includes you as the organiser.
- Please tell people attending your event to use safe hygiene practices before and after handling food, after going to the toilet or blowing nose etc.
- When you clean up, please be extra careful to clean tables, benches, door handles and the like.
- Be assured the Cottage’s professional cleaners are paying careful attention to hygiene and as users of a public building it’s important for us all to be vigilant.
- The tea towels we leave in the kitchen drawers have been freshly laundered but for peace of mind you may wish to bring your own washing-up supplies/cloths.