Kaipatiki Project is partnering with Homes Land Community (HLC), the Upper Harbour Ecology Network (UHEN), Good Health, the Upper Harbour Local Board and the Hobsonville Community Trust to bring you the Upper Harbour Eco Fun Day! This event will combine family fun, learning, music, creativity, nature and sustainable living – all in a festival atmosphere at the fantastic Rifle Range facility at Hobsonville Point.
The Rifle Range facility is located adjacent to Bomb Point Park and the Coastal Walkway, so bring your walking shoes and cycles and explore the beautiful surroundings of Hobsonville Point. Even better, leave your car at home and cycle or walk to the event as parking will be limited. And while you’re there, pay a visit to the fantastic Farmers Market located on the waterfront too!
Children and parents really enjoy these eco days as it’s a great family day out. As Olivia Herbke said at the Kaipatiki Eco Day in March, “it was really fantastic to see so many free kid’s activities and to teach the children about sustainability”.
Janet Cole, Manager of Kaipatiki Project, says “This is an opportunity for local people to get actively involved in changing the face of their neighbourhood for the better and make a lasting difference to their environment. It’s a great free day out for locals, it’s also a chance for community groups to connect with local conservation groups”.
There will be plenty to do:
– Sustainable Whanau Challenge Launch: A fun, four week online challenge which informs, inspires and empowers families to live more sustainably. Great prizes too!
– Compost Collective: Learn about the benefits of composting and how you can reduce your kerbside waste.
– Guided walks and nursery tours: Walk and talk with Kaipatiki Project’s Restoration Ecologist, Derek Craig.
– The Great Drain Game: Learn about what you should (and shouldn’t!) put down drains with this fun, interactive activity.
– Sustainability themed games: Fun, simple games for the kids such as Pest Free Bingo and an information treasure hunt.
– Sustainable mini market: Check out great crafts using upcycled or sustainably sourced materials, and products which will help you to reduce your environmental footprint.
– Sustainable snacks: Enjoy yummy treats from Lalele Organic Gelato, Altezano Organic Coffee and Hungry for Raw Vegan Food; or pack your own picnic basket with delicacies from the nearby Hobsonville Farmers Market.
To register your interest as a food or drink vendor please complete this quick form.
To register your interest as a general vendor, activity provider, community/environmental organisation or volunteer, please complete this quick form.