Inorganic rubbish collection – Book before Sep 22
September 30 - October 4Free
Every area of Auckland is allocated a set week each year for an inorganic collection. Hobsonville Point’s turn is coming up.
Council will come collect your unwanted stuff between Sep 30 and Oct 4. It’s the one week of the year when you can get rid of stuff and avoid having to cart it yourself to the nearest dump, which is in Henderson. NOTE To order a pickup, you must make an online booking for your own address, at least 8 days before Sep 30. You are limited to one cubic metre of material per household.
You can put out:
- large appliances – fridges, freezers, washing machines and ovens
- small appliances – kettles, irons and vacuum cleaners
- furniture – beds, couches, chairs, kitchen items and ornaments
- sporting items – gym equipment, bicycles and toys
- renovation equipment – carpet, timber (nails and/or other sharp items attached to timber must either be removed or flattened), tools, fixtures and fittings, bathroom-ware (excluding toilet bowls)
- outdoor items – lawnmowers, barbecues, garden tools and outdoor furniture (does not include any concrete items)
- electronics – TVs, computers, phones and DVD players
There is much more that is NOT allowed – including garden waste, glass, clothing, polystyrene, concrete, oil, petrol or paint. Click here for all the info you need.