Saturday 3 July is a Fare-Free Saturday
This is your chance to get out and explore this great city using trains, buses and ferries.
Please use an AT HOP card to tag on and off trains and buses – you will not be charged. On ferries, there is no need to tag on and off.
What you need to know:
- Fare-Free Saturday includes all buses, trains and commuter ferries, except Devonport and Waiheke Ferries. SkyBus services are also excluded.
- It starts from the very first service on Saturday morning, through to the last services in the early hours of Sunday morning.
- Tourist ferries, e.g. Rangitoto Island, are excluded, along with Car/vehicle ferries
- Please use an AT HOP card to tag on and off – you will not be charged.
- Tagging on and off will help us know how many people have used our services on the day. If your card is registered, this will also help with COVID-19 tracing if required.
- If you don’t have an AT HOP card you can still travel, your driver or AT staff will waive you aboard.
- Please wear a face covering. During COVID-19 Alert Level 1 (yes that’s us) face coverings are required on all public transport.
- Please scan with the Govt COVID Tracer app on all services.
There are some amazing things to see and do, including:
- The new Downtown area and Commercial Bay precinct
- Matariki on the Waterfront at Silo Park
- The Maritime Museum
- Auckland City Gallery
- The new refurbished Karangahape Road
- Auckland Zoo
- Auckland War Memorial Museum
- Local parks
The options are endless, and most places are easy to get to using the AT Metro network of buses, trains and ferries. Use the AT journey planner to plan your journey.