|Healthcare – what do you do during ALERT LEVEL 2? (as at 31 August, 2020)
|1. Feeling well?
- You can leave home, but you must follow public health measures and consider others around you
- Follow the Alert level 2 directions in place for the Auckland region,
|2. Feeling unwell? Do you need testing or care?
- If you are in Auckland and have any cold or flu-like symptoms, you should get a COVID-19 test. The symptoms of COVID-19 can include:
- New or worsening cough
- Sore throat
- Temporary loss of smell
- Runny nose.
If you have any of these symptoms?
1. Call Your family doctor (GP) first -call ahead to find out if you need a test and follow their advice
2. Go to a Designated GP
3. Go to an Urgent Care Clinic, or
4. Final option go to a COVID-19 Testing Centre (CTC)
- Call Healthline, 0800 358 5453 for health advice (choose Option#1 for language support, stay on the line, then say the language you want e.g ‘Korean’.
- If you need to access other care, call your health service first:
- GPs/Urgent Care Clinics are open
- Call them first if you are sick or have any health concerns
- Strong measures are in place to keep you safe in our hospitals.
- Go to your appointments unless you are told otherwise by the service. See each DHB’s info below on their website.
- Alert Level 2 visitor rules will be in place. Check your local DHB’s website or Facebook page for information on their hospital visitor policy:
Auckland DHB, http://www.adhb.health.nz/your-health/covid-19/#CTCs
Counties Manukau Health,
|3. Is it an Emergency?
· Call 111, OR
· Go to your nearest hospital Emergency Department (ED). ED is open.
|Protect yourself and others
- Stay home if you’re sick
- Face coverings:
- 2m in public e.g. shopping malls, parks
- 1m in controlled environments where contact tracing and other public health measures are in place e.g cafes, gyms, faith-based settings
- Continue to wash your hands for 20 seconds, and sneeze and cough into your elbow
- Disinfect commonly used surfaces at home and at work
- COVID-19 ‘loves crowds’- Only 10 people max. for all social gatherings except for
funerals and tangi
|Need to talk?
- Asian background? Asian Family Services free helpline for English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese, Thai and Hindi languages, 0800 862 342, Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm, https://www.asianfamilyservices.nz
- Former refugee background living in the Auckland region? Free call RASNZ Support & Information Line,
0800 472 769, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm,
- 1737 – Need an interpreter? Stay on the phone and listen to music, then tell the call worker your language, for example ‘Korean’, www.1737.org.nz
|For translated information, go to: